- 72 hours, until February 28, 2020
- To start immediately
Dr. Sara M. Grimes, Associate Professor at the Faculty of Information (and Director of the Knowledge Media Design Institute (KMDI)), is seeking a research assistant to help with planning and conducting a small-scale pilot project, leading to the development of a new, cross-sector research collaboration examining the opportunities, challenges, and potential role(s) of reality-enhancing technologies in the lives of children and youth. Participation in this project will involve some limited travel to Hamilton (expenses paid). The successful applicant must be comfortable with the possibility of being asked to sign a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) by one or more of the project’s industry partners.
- Assist with compiling and reviewing the previous relevant literature on reality-enhancing technologies and children/youth (literature review);
- Assist with the preparation of any applicable research ethics applications;
- Assist with scheduling and coordinating participants and partners for focus groups;
- Document the results of the focus groups by taking notes, scanning/photographing materials produced by participants; and
- Contribute to the preliminary analysis of findings (schedule permitting).
- Strong to excellent writing skills.
- Strong to excellent skills in secondary research (i.e. reviewing, comprehending, and synthesizing academic literature and industry reports).
- Previous experience working with children and/or teens.
- Knowledge and firsthand experience with one or more “reality-enhancing technologies”: virtual reality, augmented reality, or mixed reality content and/or devices.
Preference will be given to current University of Toronto Faculty of Information and/or KMD Master’s students. The University of Toronto is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons / persons of colour, women, Indigenous /Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. If you have any questions, concerns, or require assistance completing this application please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply:
Email email@example.com with brief cover letter and CV.
Applications are open until the position is filled.