KMDI (Knowledge Media Design Institute) and Semaphore at the Faculty of Information, University of Toronto, is seeking to fill a Student Communications Assistant position focused updating the KMDI-Semaphore website, graphic design, marketing & branding and copywriting.
- Graphic Design, Intermediate to Advanced Skills on WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Indesign)
- Intermediate to advanced copywriting skills for websites and articles
- Updating WordPress websites, Basic HTML/CSS, SEO (Keywording etc.)
- Excellent written/communication skills and understanding of marketing and branding
- Knowledgeable with technical equipment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Self-motivated; takes initiative; pro-active
- Committed, reliable, ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience with videocameras, recording, editing and making videos
- Social Media, Hootesuite, Facebook and Twitter
- Designing WordPress websites
Preference will be given to current Faculty of Information Students. Qualified applicants must be available to work in person at the University of Toronto St. George campus, however hours are flexible.
- Updating KMDI website on WordPress
- Updating, editing articles for website
- Posting articles/events on enewsletter (mailchimp) and website
- Designing promotional material for events, website on Adobe Creative Suite
- Posting social media for Institute
- Possibly editing videos for institute on Adobe Premiere
- Assisting with organizing Institute and administrative duties as required
The successful applicant will be offered a contract of 200 hours, to be completed over the course of the Fall/Winter Sep 8, 2020 – Feb 19, 2020. Salary will be commensurate with experience, projected between $25 – $30/hour.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
To apply, email a CV and cover letter to CLN https://clnx.utoronto.ca/notLoggedIn.htm Job#165865 by Sept 24, 2020 however earlier qualified applicants will be given preference.