Professor Sara Grimes, Director of the KMDI and Semaphore, and Associate Professor at the Faculty of Information, University of Toronto, is seeking to fill a Student Communications Assistant position focused on merging and updating the KMDI and Semaphore website, marketing and branding, graphic design, and copywriting.
– Web Development, HTML/CSS, Java, SEO
– Intermediate to Advanced Skills on WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite
– Experience coding, designing, creating and updating websites, web development
– Intermediate to advanced copywriting skills for websites and articles
– Experience with videocameras, recording, editing and making videos
– Excellent written/communication skills and understanding of marketing and branding
– Knowledgable with technical equipment
– Excellent organizational skills
– Self-motivated; takes initiative; pro-active
– Committed, reliable, ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Preference will be given current Faculty of Information Students. Qualified applicants must be available to complete a majority of the work in person at the University of Toronto St. George campus.
– Researching, interviewing and writing about Director and Lab Heads for KMDI-Semaphore website
– Merging, designing, updating and revamping KMDI – Semaphore websites
– Copywriting and writing information for websites featuring faculty and Institute
– Organizing equipment and displays at Semaphore lab
– Creating one main video for website featuring Directors and Lab heads
– Updating, editing articles for website
– Posting articles/events on enewsletter (mailchimp) and website
– Designing promotional material for events, website on Adobe Creative Suite
The successful applicant will be offered an initial contract of 100 – 140 hours, (10 hours a week) to be completed over the course of the Winter 2019 semester (with a possibility of extension in the early Summer semester. Salary will be commensurate with experience, projected between $20 – $25/hour.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
To apply, email a CV and cover letter to Rekha Morbia, Administrative Coordinator KMDI at email@example.com by January 21, 2019. Also submit a portfolio which includes a writing sample, website you’ve created and promotional material you have designed. Questions may be directed to Rekha Morbia by email or phone 416-978-5634.