KMDI (Knowledge Media Design Institute) and Semaphore at the Faculty of Information, University of Toronto, is seeking to fill a Communications Assistant, Graphic Designer position focused on updating the KMDI website, graphic design, marketing and branding, and social media. With KMDI’s new logo and visual branding a focus will be on redesigning digital marketing material.
- Graphic Design, Intermediate to Advanced Skills on WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Indesign)
- Intermediate to advanced copywriting skills for social media, websites and articles
- Updating WordPress websites, Basic HTML/CSS, SEO (Keywording etc.)
- Excellent written/communication skills and understanding of marketing and branding
- Knowledgeable with technical equipment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Self-motivated; takes initiative; pro-active
- Committed, reliable, ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Social Media, Hootesuite, Facebook and Twitter
- Designing WordPress websites
- Experience with videocameras, recording, editing and making videos
- Redesigning digital marketing material (i.e. e-newsletter, social media, website..) with new logo and visual branding
- Designing promotional material for events, website on Adobe Creative Suite
- Updating KMDI website on WordPress
- Updating, editing articles for website
- Posting articles/events on enewsletter (Mailchimp) and website
- Posting social media for Institute
- Possibly editing videos for institute on Adobe Premiere
- Assisting with organizing Institute and administrative duties as required
Preference will be given current Faculty of Information Students. This is a remote position, and can be completed virtually.
The successful applicant will be offered a contract of 100 hours, to be completed over the course of the Spring Summer, May 17 – Aug 6, 2021. Salary will be commensurate with experience, projected between $25 – $32/hour based on experience.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
To apply, email a CV and cover letter to CLN https://clnx.utoronto.ca/home.htm, Job#174918 by May 17, 2021, however earlier qualified applicants will be given preference. Include portfolio with design/website and writing samples. Questions may be directed to Rekha Morbia, Rekha.firstname.lastname@example.org email or phone 416-978-5634.