The Knowledge Media Design Institute (KMDI), at the Faculty of Information, University of Toronto, is seeking to fill a Production Assistant student position focused on assisting in the planning, design, and coordination, and promotion of a new podcast/virtual speaker series which will be launched in Fall 2020.
- In depth knowledge of podcast styles, conventions, and formats
- Experience recording, editing, mixing, and mastering audio (e.g. Adobe Audition or other)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superb organizational and time management skills
- Good problem-solving skills; detail-oriented
- Self-motivated; takes initiative; proactive
- Committed; reliable; able to meet deadlines.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Able to work remotely
- Experience distributing and coordinating access to digital multimedia content
- Experience organizing, tracking and maintaining mid-sized collections of data files
- Experience with the procurement and maintenance of audio recording equipment
- Assisting the Director of the Institute in the planning of a new podcast/virtual speaker series to be launched in the Fall 2020
- Assisting with scheduling and coordinating interview subjects, including providing light tech support for remote recording of interviews and other sound parts.
- Assisting with the development of episode scripts/outlines to guide the editing and post-production.
- Producing rough (for review) and finished (for public distribution) episodes of the first season (approximately 6-8 episodes) of a new podcast that will temporarily replace the KMDI’s Speaker Series for the Fall 2020 semester. Duties will include cleaning, editing, mixing and mastering audio.
- Advising the Director and KMDI team on best practices for podcast production and distribution.
Preference will be given to current Faculty of Information Students.
The successful applicant will be offered a contract of 100 hours, to be completed over the course of the Summer 2020 May 11 – Aug 9. Pay will be based on experience.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
To apply, submit a CV and cover letter to Career Learning Network https://clnx.utoronto.ca/ (Job ID: 163504)by May 29, 2020, however earlier qualified applicants will be given preference. Also include portfolio, videos, writing (article) and design samples. Questions may be directed to Rekha Morbia by email, email@example.com or phone 416-978-5634.