2018-2019 Course Offerings will be available soon.
KMD Course Descriptions
We offer several courses in Knowledge Media Design, from fundamental concepts to practices in a variety of contexts. Some of these KMD courses are co-listed with another collaborating unit. Students can enrol in either section of a co-listed course.
- KMD 1001 – KMD: Theory and Methods in Knowledge Media Design
- KMD 1002 – KMD: Applications in Knowledge Media
- KMD 2001 – Human-Centred Design
- KMD 2002 – Technologies for Knowledge Media
- KMD 2004 – Knowledge Media, Culture & Society
- KMD 3000/3001 – Readings in Knowledge Media Design
- KMD 4000 – Special Topics in KMD
- KMD 2100Y – Completion of KMDI Speaker Series Lectures, (Master’s Level). This course is assigned as Credit/No Credit.
- KMD 2200Y – Completion of KMDI Speaker Series Lectures, (Doctoral Level). This course is assigned as Credit/No Credit.
The courses listed below are offered by our collaborating unit and satisfy KMD requirements. These courses may not be offered every year. Courses that are mandatory for a student’s degree from the home department may or may not be counted towards completion of degree program requirements. Students are responsible for consulting with their home departments to ensure proper completion of degree requirements. Some of the elective courses may require prerequisites. For questions and assistance with registration contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Urban Design and Visual Studies: LAN1021H Visual Communication 1
Computer Science: CSC2720H Systems Thinking for Global Problems
Drama, Theatre and Performance Studies: DRA3904H Performing Failure: Critical Theories on Perfection and the Sublime
Mechanical and Industrial Engineering: MIE1402H Experimental Methods in Human Factors Research