The KMDI is a creative Institute which focuses on the intersection between humans and technology. The Institute runs a Makerspace in 417BL containing 3D printers, scanners, electronics, and other creative technology equipment. We are currently seeking a virtual lab attendant to help create online programs and to continue developing our workshops for the fall open hours.
- Knowledge of computers and graphics/media programs (Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Premiere and Audit)
- Video editing
- Audio/Sound Mixing
- Ability to learn technology equipment
- Self-motivated; takes initiative; pro-active
- Committed, reliable, ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work remotely
- Develop, edit online programs and activities which help promote the makerspace
- Prepare workshops for the fall semester which help foster a sense of curiosity about technology
- Working with the Director and Makerspace Research Assistant to organize programs
Preference will be given to current Faculty of Information Students.
The successful applicant will be offered a contract of 100 hours, to be completed over the course of the Summer 2020 May 11 – Aug 7. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
To apply, email a CV, cover letter and portfolio (graphic design, videos, writing samples.. ) to CLN https://clnx.utoronto.ca/home.htm (Job ID: 163687) by May 29, 2020. Questions may be directed to Michael Andreae, firstname.lastname@example.org by email.